Saturday, July 28, 2012

That Kind Of Day

Yesterday was not my day. You ever had one of those? It started well but ended poorly. In fact, it is 5:30am and it still has not ended...my baby has been up screaming-off and on all night. ugh... While I was dwelling on my misery, I thought of so many things to blog about- so I pulled myself out of bed, tumbled down the stairs to find my computer. As I searched for the light switch- I stepped in dog pee on my freshly cleaned carpet, then as I searched for a towel my other foot stuck to the newly scrubbed kitchen floor where someone has spilled their drink... Oh yes...it is that kind of a day! argh! I wonder why it is that once you start having a bad day it is so hard to recover. I know that it is all about your attitude or rather my attitude. Whatever attitude I am talking about it sure is hard to turn it around for something positive. But I am trying. I don't want to start this day off on this kind of a foot. So I choose to be happy...ok, well, um... not unhappy. I'm going to choose a positive day inspite of the yuck. Inspite of it all...I will choose to have a good day. period. On a happier note~ I discovered something fun in a cookbook I have been reading. I have a love for Julia Child and Jacques Pe'pin that just will not stop- so my husband gifted me "The Way to Cook" by Julia Child for Christmas this past December. I have taken my time getting to know this cookbook. Honestly, I have read it cover to cover and not attempted many dishes. Not that I find them difficult- I've just had a sort of rough spring and summer this year and cooking has not been on my top priority list. Now that I am feeling much better- I am thinking about cooking again. Hence finishing that cookbook. So I got to the last page and was thumbing through the index, I discovered two instructional DVD's! Ah-ha!! How fun is that?!? So I spent the rest of the afternoon watching Julia describe every chicken recipe in the poltry section. Oh how I love that woman! That night I made a culinary attempt of my own...I will call it creamy garlic chicken. I'm pretty sure it was not all that original- but I did it all on my own and it turned out ok. At least my husband and I enjoyed it. I would share the recipe...but I am not sure I remember. Ah well...c'est la vie (look at me being all French!)! I'm in a better mood already.

No comments:

Post a Comment