Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog Neglect


I haven't been very faithful to my blog. I question if I am actually a blogger or just a poser... ha. Well, I will say that being a mother of two pre-schoolers makes it complicated to even have a minute to sit down at the computer to write an email let alone a blog post. That is probably true of most of my friends as well. I used to be really faithful to a journal. I actually kept them all starting from when I first moved to Indiana in 1989. WOW- can it have been over 20 years that I have lived here! That is amazing. I still don't identify myself as a Hoosier. That makes me laugh just typing it. Fortunately, I don't think many Hoosiers think of me that way either!! ha! My Chicago accent long ago dissappeared along with the 6 inch bangs I used to wear with as much hair spray I could manage...and the acid washed jeans.

My heart however is stuck somewhere in the middle of Chicago and an Indiana Cornfield. Both places have significant purpose in who God has created me to be. It is funny where you wind up in life. What you become. I look at my children and see so much hope for their futures- so many possibilities. What will they be someday? Will they look on their childhoods and long for something different? I am sure they will, just as I do. I wish it could have been like this... Instead of appreciating the good...we always long.
What I do know is this time is passing on much too quickly. The days are short and the girls grow taller in their sleep. I love being present with them through these most important years.

No comments:

Post a Comment