Friday, February 19, 2010

the beauty of love

It's funny what you see in your children. Tiny pices of you, tiny pices of your husband, tiny pices of themselves. So beautiful. My youngest daughter Sydney has my husband's eyes. They are blue like mine but the shape and set are all Russ. Sometimes I look at her and smile as I see his eyes. A tiny pice of the man I love so much. A reminder of how good God really is. Syd in every other way looks like me but what I always seem to notice is her eyes and I am glad. She is our little sprite. Mischevious, sweet, loving, funny, beautiful, a real stinker. She is the child that tests me the most but I don't think it is in malice, it's in fun. She just loves to have fun and I just love that about her. What a blessing Sydney is to our family and to our life. I am grateful for her and for her enthusiam for life.

We have a new cat here named Linus. Sydney loves Linus-Linus however does not care for Sydney. Syd chases him, hugs him too tightly, tries to pick him up, drags him, tries to dress him in doll clothes...etc. The girl will not leave that poor animal alone. It is so sweet to see. No matter how badly he scratches or even bites her- she refuses to let him go. She just wants him to love her and play with her.

Lately, I have had to start really disciplining Sydney. I think because she is my baby, I didn't want to do it. I avoided it. This unfortunately, gave her some nasty habits that were just not acceptable. Earlier today I had to discipline her for saying unkind words. Afterward, she was cryinig and holding on to me so tight. I told her that I loved her and she looked up at me and said, "that kind words". I smile even thinking about it. She understood. She got it.

My daughters daily impress me with their love. Even in discipline, they still want to be held and reassured that they are loved and that they love in return. I am so grateful to God that He has shown me His incredible love through my children. There is no sin so great that I will not forgive them. I will love them even when they stumble and even when they sway from the truth. I will know that the Lord I love will bring them home again- Just like He did for me. There is such beauty in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment